Value Added Tax (VAT) is a tax payable on the provision of goods and/ or services within the EU.
Some businesses are not required to register for VAT providing the VAT threshold is not exceeded. However, they may opt to register for VAT if it proves beneficial to them.
At Noel Walsh + Company we can help you with the following:
- Determining whether you are required or whether it is beneficial for your business to register for VAT
- Determine the appropriate VAT rates based on the type of goods and/ or services provided by you
- Determine whether your administration burden can be reduced by reducing the filing frequency of the VAT returns from i.e. bi- monthly to four- monthly, bi- annual or annual returns
- Determine whether a cash basis or invoice basis of VAT accounting should apply
- VAT applications for Bad Debts
- VAT registration of non- established businesses